Wednesday 19 August 2009

Seven Things About Me...


Kind Alissa at http://www.booksilikedlovedorhated.blogspot.com/ has nominated me for a ‘kreativ’ blogger award, which is great because I never ever get nominated or win anything. So I am putting aside my severe disapproval of the mangling of the word creative to say thank you Alissa, you are a star and I love your book reviews.

Here are the rules for the award:1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. (see below)5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


Hmmm...sounds more like a Facebook game than an award, but never mind, still fun and gives me a chance to tantalise with some Almost True facts. Here they are:


1. I have nearly been shot three times

2. I jumped out of a helicopter in mid air as it flew over the North Sea.

3. I had a panic attack on top of a Cambodian temple.

4. A near-death experience in When I Was Joe involving a sofa was autobiographical (crucial details changed though)

5. I used to go to wrestling classes

6. My first flat in Amsterdam was in the same street as Gestapo headquarters (not at the same time, obviously)

7. I was interviewed on the ITN lunchtime news when I was the first journalist to interview a government minister's mistress.


Here are some recommended blogs:




6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Keren - and that at least takes care of what I will write in the next blog post! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an alarming amount of flirting with death in that list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...everything else has been pretty dull though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning my blog Keren... sadly neglected during last few weeks. Will get back in groove this week. Still in post Vermont-dwam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your pictures...looked like a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete